09 setembro 2016

Harry Potter, fifteen years later

I've been thinking about reading Harry Potter all over again for some time (time=years), mostly because I don't remember what I felt reading those books, and maybe because with the age, I thought I could see something more in the story.


The experience was something complete different to what I was used to, specially because I've never properly reread a book, I always go to those special parts and skip the unpleasant ones. But not this time. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone was totally different, I started in the first page and I didn’t skip one single word! I was excited to see what was going to happen and even though the movies were incredible, there were some pieces of the story that I could only relive reading the book.
I am not gonna talk about the plot itself because I think everybody knows what happens in the story, but I will make some considerations about it:
  • I totally forgot that in the begging the two boys were not so found of Hermione, and she was a little bit excluded for being nosy, and etc.
  • I also felt very happy, when I read that Hermione liked to do reviews and colour-coded her notes at school. How nerdy she was and we didn't even give her the enough credit
Hermione, however, had more one her mind than the Philosopher's stone. She had started drawing up revision timetables and colour-coding all her notes. Harry and Ron wouldn't have minded, but she kept nagging them to do the same.
  • How rude Dumbledore can be sometimes LOL he makes fun of the kids in their faces and it's totally ok. In the chapter that they are talking about the the Mirror of Erised, the sequence of scenes is very funny, because this Master of Witchcraft can also be the Master of the HUE and nobody will notice
  • Last but not least, how I love Fred and George Wesley! Their scenes are always light and funny to read. I look forward to read more about them as the story goes by
  • METAPHORES! I loved the metaphores that J.K. Rowling created in her book and how poetic and simple they are for a kid to understand it. I felt pleased as an adult, and I remember that was really amazed by them fifteen years ago, too.

Well, of course I will continue this saga, but I don't know when I am going to start the second book, the important part is that this year I want to read at least the four first books and also watch the movies again, as part of the RadcliffeProject

I hope you enjoy it! 
Thais Okubaro

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário