23 janeiro 2017

13 books to read in 2017

I totally forgot to post this in the beginning of the year! But I selected 13 books to read this year and I will try hard to read all those stories. So here they are:

2017
  1. A paixão segundo GH - Clarice Lispector. I saw something on the internet saying that the name of the book in English was something like The passion according to GH. But I don't know if the source is reliable. But anyways, this book sounds amazing and a lot of people say that it is life changing and I wanted to include at least one Brazilian book on my list.  The work takes the form of a monologue by a woman, identified only as G.H., telling of the crisis that ensued the previous day after she crushed a cockroach in the door of a wardrobe. 
  2. Bliss and other stories - Katherine Mansfield
  3. War and Peace - Liev Tolstoi
  4. Neuromancer - William Gibson
  5. Emma - Jane Austen
  6. O sol e o peixe - Virginia Woolf (Book review)
  7. A amiga genial - Elena Ferrante (Book review)
  8. Never let me go - Kazuo Ishiguro
  9. The magic Mountain - Thomas Mann
  10. A tale of two cities - Charles Dickens
  11. Harry Potter - JK Rowling (All the books that I can possibly read LOL)
  12. Swann's way - Marcel Proust
  13. The Hunchback of Notre-Dame - Victor Hugo
As I did this post a little bit late, there are some books from this list that I have already read. And everytime that I read something from this list and make a review post, I will come back here and update it. 

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário