10 janeiro 2017

#O1/2O17 - Moana

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Yeah, I know it's been while, but I can't help it, at the end of the year I was all over the place and I didn't have time to write here on the blog. 


But, let's leave the excuses aside and let's focus on Moana! The plot is pretty simple in Ancient Polynesia, when a terrible curse incurred by the Demigod Maui reaches an impetuous Chieftain's daughter's island, she (Moana) answers the Ocean's call to seek out the Demigod to set things right. But the important part here is not the story itself but how the story is told. The soundtrack is essencial for the success of this plot, the songs are very catchy and I remember that by the end of the movie, almost everybody was singing together and that reminded me of how The Lion King's soundtrack had the same effect on me when I was a kid. The song is not just a song, it is how the character is feeling and it is how he/she expresses it. I was also blowned away by the effects and how the characters moved. For example, there is a point that Moana's grandmother is dancing and we can notice how realistic it is her movements and how real it is her hair and how it moves as the wind blows. 
The message of the story, the actions of this new Disney Princess shows that Disney is starting to recreate themselves and what it is the real role of a woman in the twenty first century and they are more awared of the kind of moral that they wanna pass to this genereation.

Moana (2016)       5/5

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário