03 abril 2017

War and Peace - 1st Project Update

I'm here to give you an update of the first 238 pages of the book War and Peace by Liev Tolstoi. I still don't know how those updates are going to be, but I'm planning to write about each part of the book every two weeks and if you want to discuss with me feel free to comment on this post.






On this first 238 pages, we can have a look at  1982719279712981 characters. I'm not kidding, Liev Tolstoi takes his "let's create an entire population inside this story" very seriously. In the beginning, I decided that I would highlight the name of each new character with a pink crayon, however, it got into a point that the entire book was pink and I just lost focus of what I was doing LOL 
But basically, we have 3 important characters that I would like to emphasize: Andre, Natasha and Pierre. All of them are important for different reasons. Andre is unhappy with his marriage and it seems by now that he is going to have a big role during the war, or at least that's what it is expected. What I hate about Andre is that he is not happy with his marriage, but his wife is pregnant and he keeps treating her like shit, so I hope this character grows on me, because by now I just want him to die in the middle of the war. On the other hand, we have Pierre <3 who is socially awakard and he has some strong opinions about the war. His father passed away in the beginning of the novel so he becomes the heir of a large property and a good amount of money, so he was used to listen that he was not a good companion to young girls, and he went from "Get away from my daughter" to "I think you should dance together". And finally, Natasha who is a good and young girl, very passionate and full of dreams.


As I know, the second parte of the first book will be about the war agains Napoleon, so I'm very excited to see what happens next. And if it is like the last 238 pages, I think I'm going to have a lot of fun, because as I read this first part, I noticed that I never got tired or felt like the story was boring, or it had too many details that were not interesting, actually, everything till now has been an delightful experience.
Thet's it, guys! I'll see you guys in two weeks from now.
Okubaro

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário